The winners of the 36th course of Iran’s Book of the Year Awards and 26th course of the international Book of the Year Awards were introduced and appraised through a ceremony, attended by the President of Iran, in Vahdat Hall on Feb. 5, 2019.
The Islamic Republic of Iran’s Book of the Year Awards is an Iranian governmental award which every year in January is awarded to the selected writers in various sections such as general, Islamic philosophy, West philosophy, religion, social sciences, languages, applied sciences, arts, literature, and history; the awards would be awarded after verification of the Minister of Islamic Culture and Guidance.
In this ceremony, 43 works in the Book of the Year section and 9 works in the international section were introduced as the selected works. The selected works are as follows:
- Thematic-historical bibliography: from published works and writings of Iraj Afshar (published since 1944 to 2016) written by Milad Azimi, House of Book Institute, 3 volumes, 2017;
- A discussion between Hegel and Muslim philosophers: becoming, dialectics and idealism, written by Hamid Talibzadeh, Tehran: Hermes, 282 pages, 2017;
- Mind virtues, a research about virtue and behavioral principles of epistemology, written by Linda Zagzebski, Translator: Amir Hussein Khodaparast, Tehran: Kargadan, 494 pages, 2017l;
- Iran-Iraq War Timeline: 28th book, the first grand operation in northwestern “valfajr 4”, written by Alireza Loftollahzadegan, Iraj Hemmati, Tehran: Center for documents and researches of IRGC, 1440 pages, 2017;
- Baluchi-Farsi Glossary, written by Abdolghafour Jahandideh, Tehran, Moein two volumes, 2017;
- Bates’ pocket guide to physical examination and history taking, written by Barbara Bates, translator: Zeynab Pasha Zanous, Nasim Hemmati, Maryam Soleymani Shokooh, Zahra Shokri, supervisor: Farhad Shahi, Tehran, Artin Teb, Heydari Publishing House, 1228 pages, 2017;
- Principles of Designing Steel Structure, written by Abazar Asghari, Tehran: Amirkabir University of Technology, 4 volumes, 2017;
- Drainpipes in Iran and its traditional usages, written by Javad Safinejad, Tehran: Pooyeh Mehr Eshragh, 838 pages, 2017;
- Rahesh, written by Reza Amirkhani, Tehran, Ofogh, 198 pages, 2017;
- The dejected soul of a poet written by Seyed Reza Muhammadi, Shahrestan Adab Cultural and Artistic Institute, 72 pages, 2017;
- Domino, written by Aboozar Pakravan, Tehran, 5 chapters, 72 pages, 2017;
- Considerations and trials: two bills about limiting borders of Iran and Ottoman, written by Mirza Mohebalikhan Nazem al-Molk Marandi Yekanloo, edited by Nasrollah Salehi, Tehran, Tahoori, 282 pages, 2017;
- Alef Lam Khomeini: Biography of Imam Rohollah Moosavi Khomeini, Written by Hedayatollah Behboodi, Tehran, Political Studies and Researches Institute, 1157 pages, 2017;
- Biking to find Shams: from Tabriz to Konya, from Konya to Damascus, written by Hassan Karami Gharamaleki, Tabriz: Sotodeh, 660 pages, 2017.