During the recent official visit of President Hassan Rouhani to Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan Republics, two separate documents on “Cultural Cooperation” were signed. Both documents emphasized the importance of joint cultural programs and activities, to be pursued and coordinated mostly by libraries and information centers. The envisioned programs and activities, within the framework of respective national regulations, include:
- Exchange of information, experiences, books, publications, photographs, slides, films and microfilms in the fields of culture, art, literature, and cultural heritage;
- Exchange of information on book fairs, cultural media and international conferences to be held in the country, and invitation of representatives from other country to attend the events;
- Expression of readiness to exchange printed materials and publications between the two countries;
- Holding joint workshops on the restoration of manuscripts and cultural heritage;
- Emphasis on the imperative of respecting copyright laws in the two countries in the exchange of cultural works.